I am having a fun few days building up to my birthday. I feel like my friend, Shari who loves to celebrate her birthday for a whole week! I am not a person who announces her birthday for everyone to know, but I have had a lot of fun doing a few activities in celebration of my birthday and it's not even my birthday until Tuesday!
I went to the Scrapbook Convention on Friday with my friend, Andrea. Saturday, my mom took me shopping to buy me jeans that fit. I have the worst time finding clothes that fit me. I think that is a common problem of most women. I cannot just go in a store and pull a pair of jeans off a rack and walk out in no time flat. In fact, after Christmas I went to the mall by myself and I tried on jeans in almost every store in the entire mall and walked out with zero pairs of jeans. I usually feel so defeated that I retreat to a kid store and buy something for one or both of my children.
So my mom said for my birthday she wanted to take me shopping for jeans that fit. We had a really fun time, although I felt like I was school clothes shopping with my mommy. We went out for lunch and shopped a bit more. We had a very nice time and my mom was so generous, plus we found some great deals so I actually got a couple of outfits. THANKS, MOM! Thank you to Aaron for encouraging me, again, to go and treat myself even though the kids were still sick!
Then, for the evening we went out with our friends, Lonnye and Rachel for dinner and Comedy Sportz. I have never been to Comedy Sportz, although Aaron had in college. It was really a lot of fun. We laughed a lot and agreed we must go back. Then we went out for dessert and drinks. Thanks for joining us again for my birthday, Lonnye and Rachel. This is quickly becoming a yearly tradition! Grammy watched the kids, still sick.
Sunday, we celebrated with Aaron's family having dinner and dessert at Grandma and Papa's house. We had to laugh though because Aaron's mom was serving lasagna for dinner and Amy, Aaron's sister, and I both had made lasagna last week; a meal that lasts several days! It was so nice for the kids just to get out of the house. They seemed to be on the up swing in the morning, but through the day they rollercoastered back to being sick again; fevers and all. We still had a fun time and enjoyed being together. I am really excited because Aaron's parents gave me Photoshop and I am anxious to use this for tagging my digital pictures. Stay tuned; I may soon write a post on the aggravations and frustions of Photoshop. I have high expectations for this thing!
On a different note, tomorrow is the court date for my dad and appointing a personal rep for Leora. This is a big day and bit scary as to what might be decided. I would so appreciate your prayers for this. It has been a long 10 months dealing with all of this. I am looking forward to closure whatever the outcome may be. My dad is dealing with a lot of hurt, anger and frustation at the situation and I hope he can soon move beyond all this. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment