Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Ten on Tuesday ~ Birthday Edition

It's my birthday today and I'm not embarrassed to say it! My kids are finally on the mend and life is good!

Here's my Ten on Tuesday, birthday style.

1. I am 34 years old, born on March 4th at 6:42 pm.

2. Most Memorable Birthdays: My 10th birthday when I had a pizza party birthday at Pietro's Pizza and I got a pink 10 speed, when I was 14 and my school friends decorated my locker, when I was 16 and got my driver's license on my birthday and I can't remember any more...

3. My Worst Birthday: My 21st birthday and not for the reasons you are thinking. I didn't have any fun based on some party poopers that came along. Weird mix of people.

4. Hardest Birthday Number: 29. The end of the 20's. The realization you are truly a grown-up.

5. This Year's Birthday Wish: That Easton would want, wish, desire, show some interest in using the potty!

(5 things about me at 34 years old)

6. I am mother two and wife to one! I love my husband dearly and being married almost 11 years has been the absolute best of my life. I learn so much from my kids about life and especially myself. They are my treasures and have brought me great joy. I strive to be a great mom and struggle with feelings of falling short.

7. This is my twelfth year of teaching! Wow! I absolutely love where my career is right now. My school friends as some of my most dear friends. I have the best job share partner. For me, job sharing is a perfect blend of working + being able to be home with my kids.

8. I love scrapbooking. It has become a wonderful hobby that I greatly enjoy. I have sharing my scrapbooking and doing scrapbook related activities. I am so happy I have friends that enjoy scrapbooking as much as I do so I can talk with them and scrapbook with them. It doesn't even bother me anymore when people make fun of me for it.

9. Some of my favorites: coffee, reduced fat Pringles, chocolate, pasta, chips and salsa, reading blogs, scrapbooking, my friends, even my dog.

10. I feel like I have had a great life. I have had lots of life experiences and I wouldn't change one thing; truly! Don't get me wrong, some of those experiences were very hard, but I was shaped through those. I look back on difficult situations and I think if I hadn't gone through those things and had those experiences, I would have missed out on other things. I believe nothing is coincidence. I believe God has a plan.

Hoping 34 is a great year.

3 comments:

Sheron Family said...

Happy Birthday Andrea! Sounds like you have a great start to year 34!

Adalie said...

Wishing you a wonderful year and many more memorable birthdays!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Andrea. Hope you had a great one.