Sunday, March 09, 2008

Conversations With Easton

Mom: Hey, Easton. Did you know you get to do lots of fun things when you start wearing underpants and don't wear diapers anymore?

Easton: {insert whiny voice} No.

Mom: Do you want to go to preschool? You have to wear underpants to go to preschool.

Easton: {insert whiny voice} No.

Mom: Do you want to go play in the play place at IKEA? You have to wear underpants to play in the play place at IKEA.

Easton: {insert whiny voice} No.

Mom: Do you want to be like Daddy? Daddy wears underpants.

Easton: {insert whiny voice} No.

Mom: Do you want to be a big football player? Big football players were underpants.

Easton: YES! (long dramatic pause) {insert very whiny voice} No!

Mom: Easton, do you love your diapers?

Easton: (no whiny voice) Yes, I love my #5 diapers.

Mom: Come give me a hug. I'll start praying for your future wife.

*note. We did have some progress Friday and Saturday. Friday morning he sat on the potty, with clothes on. Then at Debbie's he sat on the potty 3 times, minus clothes! (no tinkle though) Aaron and I told Debbie we would give her a big bonus if she potty trained this little guy. Saturday morning he sat on the potty with no clothes and wore underpants all morning while playing outside. However, when it was time to come inside he was soaking wet with pee. We asked him, "Did you potty your pants?" He said, "No." Oh, well. It's a start!

4 comments:

Team Houston said...

That CRACKS me up!!

When he is old enough to read this his whole face is going to be hurting from all of the laughter!!

xxxx
~M

Anonymous said...

Oh Andrea, I am so sorry Courtney and Lindsey were both potty trained in only a few days. I don't know what I would do if it took any longer. Hang in there. We will be praying for his future wife as well:)!!!!

Rachel said...

SOOO FUNNNYYY!!!! I'm cracking up just thinking about your conversation!!! :)
"Fanks" for the Finneman-kind laughs!

AmberJ said...

That's what it finally took for Calvin: he wet himself while on a bike ride last summer and I wouldn't carry his bike back home and made him ride it back home. Now he doesn't like being wet -- AT ALL.

Keep it up! You're doing great.