Saturday, August 09, 2008

Example of Faith

I have shared how touched I have been by the story of Steven Curtis Chapman's family and the recent loss of their 3rd adopted daughter from China.
See previous post here.

The Chapman's opened up and shared their story this week; a story of loss, of forgiveness, of faith. They have endured something I feel is one of my biggest fears; the loss of a child. Can one still have faith even after what is most precious is taken away? The Chapmans are amazing examples of faith.

I challenge you to take the time to watch this one minute video (CNN videos are a bit odd in that if you don't view the video right after you click on it, it rolls on to another video)
Click here to view Maria Chapman's message.

I was so compelled, I watched this video reflection from Larry King himself. Very interesting.
Larry King's reflections

Lastly, for even more about the Chapman Family, I went to Steven Curtis Chapman's website, here. My faith has definately been strengthened by the sharing of their story.

I have enjoyed the music of Steven Curtis Chapman for a long time. We even had one of his songs in our wedding! He also has an amazing Christmas CD and who doesn't love a great Christmas CD? The music on my playlist has some of my favorites he sings. The words are so natural and ring true for almost every stage in life. I look at the titles I listed and then listen to the words and think back to different parts of my life: my wedding, the loss of a friend and a song played at her funeral, the birth of child, a song played after 9/11, a Christmas song. I hope you enjoy listening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW Andrea I was just reading his web site the other day and cried for hours. It made me think of my sister and all we went through with her death. I am so glad you wrote about this story it had touched me in a way that has totally reminded me about my faith and were it all started. I am not a blogger and am not a good writer so it is hard for me to share my feelings on paper, so it was nice to have someone do it for me. Thanks for the reminder, miss you guys The Robbins Family