I've seen it and remembered Will Ferrell was funny. We are going stir crazy starting Arctic Freeze week #2 and needed something novel. How about a movie? ELF! Yes! That's funny and not another cartoon. It's OnDemand, we don't have to go to the video store. It's PG so should be okay with a little sensoring...
Well, I may have ruined my children's belief in Santa. Trust me on this. Geesh. Bad mom moment #142. I'll go back to looking for more crafts.
We did laugh a lot though.
4 comments:
I had to laugh, it's nothing compared to the fact I let Owen watch Zathura and he's picked up two very inappropriate phrases from the movie...making me a Bad mom as well for not monitoring it better.
He's called his dad a dick (which is said by the older brother in the movie) and said "Give me a juicebox Bee-autch"...if you know what I mean. I'm on the top of Santa's list for Bad mom moments.
Em
OMG i am so glad you said something cuz i was THIS close to doing the SAME thing, getting it on demand... i was feeling pretty desperate when KOIN pre-empted it last night with news....
so I am GLAD you said something! I just sent Jennifer Henry your link cuz she asked me last night "is that ok for kids?" I dont remember.... I am DYING here :) AHAHAHAHHAAH
Stay sane my friend!!! this is incredible isnt it?!
I love that movie, but my kids have never seen it and probably wont until there way older!! Hang in there you didn't ruin them:), but it is funny!!!!
I thought I was doing OK by watching "The Nativity Story" with my 4 year old. I thought, "It's the story of Jesus, it's rated PG. How bad can it be?"
Well...in the first 10 minutes, when Zachariah is visited by the angel -- well, it looks very Indiana Jones-ish (colored steam, loud, deep voice, terror-stricken man) and freaked him out. He ran to his room, slammed the door, and wouldn't come out until we shut the movie off. Yup, I got in trouble for that one! :)
Post a Comment