Snow days come with mixed emotions for me; as a teacher these days have to be made up sometime before the end of the year. It is especially hard when a "snow day" doesn't really produce much snow. We missed school on Monday, then again Wednesday to "snow" that never really showed up in Camas. It sure did all around us, but even I could get out and drive. However, today is a real snow day and the kind of snow that is beautiful to look at out your window, the kind of snow that is powdery and dry so your kids can get out of the house and play! The kind of snow that really won't allow to escape off the hill for those last minute gifts you need to make or buy. But, this kind of snow day is rare so I'll enjoy it.
Here's Ellie and neighbor Annie making snow angels. Even Easton, who doesn't care for really cold, went out for a bit.
I feel sorry for Maria the Hummingbird. The hummingbird feeder is frozen. I saw Maria hovering above the feeder this morning. Several birds were out after the snow stopped falling.
Meanwhile, I am enjoying this yummy treat. So good.
I am cleaning a bit, watching the news a bit, blogging, doing laundry, putting off the Christmas cards a little longer, watching Christmas cartoons with the kids, Christmas crafting a little and actually hoping we have school tomorrow so students can take home the gifts they made for their parents!
1 comment:
Yay for snow!!! So funny you took a picture of your hummingbird feeder...I have been trying to catch Twitter(s!) at our frozen hummingbird feeder for the last couple of days!
Post a Comment