These are some of the Christmas decorations around our house. It's funny to me to see how the collection has grown! Many things we have are gifts from former students or things I have crafted in the past. I'm glad I have kept so many decorations and tree ornaments because the kids love to play with them. Here's a brief explanation starting at the top left and going around clockwise.
*Joseph, Mary & Baby Jesus made by a former student the year I was pregnant with Ellie. Ellie loves to take the Baby Jesus and put him in different spots.
*Long Legs Snowman (gift from a former student)
*Little Red Tree (gift from a former student) I'm sure these type of trees have a special name, but I don't know it!
*Christmas Puzzles Book
*Christmas Card Holder by the Mitten Dish (gift from a former student)
*Mini Tree in Ellie's room
*Santa
*Angel needle point picture
*Little People Nativity (still a favorite)
*Christmas books, tree votive candle holder (gift from a former student) Peace sign
*Rustic Angels
*Advent candles & wreath
*Trio of trees in the family room decorated by the kids with ornaments they can play with
*Fatty Snowman (a craft by me)
*Angel ( I love this angel)
*Our mantle with stockings and Christmas words
*Our mantle with stockings and Christmas words
*Mini tree in Easton's room
*Pantry door with Christmas countdown chains, school made decoration and our Jesse Tree advent ornaments
*Christmas books basket
*Advent box, gingerbread cookie cutter (gift from a former student), Mom's Christmas Fun Jar
*Jingle bells
*Santa towels in kids' bathroom + tin + angel (all gifts from a former students)
*Our Christmas tree
I really love sharing all these decorations with the kids and telling them the stories behind them, even the ones that were not from former students! (I feel a scrapbook coming on!) It surprised me that when we unpacked the totes this year the kids remembered certain decorations from last year and before!


No comments:
Post a Comment