Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trick-or-Treat

We had a fun Halloween. (I think most parents say that when their kids are young) We decorated our house a bit with fake pumpkins in the kids' rooms and carved pumpkins on the porch; Halloween books, movies, and crafts; candy corn placemates, pumpkin plates and pumpkin straws; other Halloween decor around the house and even a giant spiderweb and spider on our front porch! The fun mom in me likes to "theme" the house a little to put us in the mood for holidays and I think the kids enjoy it.
We all dressed in orange on Halloween, even Aaron and I.
Halloween Wednesday was my non-work Wednesday so we took Ellie to kindergarten then Aaron, Easton and I enjoyed coffee and milk at Starbucks. After Ellie came home, she had a playdate at our house and we had orange lunch that consisted of Spaghetti-Oh's, apples (Fuji that look a bit orange), gold fish and carrots. Later we decorated pumpkins cookies.
When Dad came home we ate and got dressed to be ready for trick-or-treating. Easton was a firefighter. His coat was a little big, but he loved it. He resembled E.T. as he walked from house to house in his floor length coat.
Ellie went as a veterinarian, which is so fitting. When asked what she wants to be when she grows up, she always says, "a veterinarian".
I felt like we lucked out with Halloween costumes. I have learned from experience, you have to start shopping for good costumes during back-to-school time. We found both of these costumes at Costco for a very reasonable price. The kids did great trick-or-treating. One trip around the block and Ellie told us her bucket was filled with candy so it was time to go home. It worked for us. Now, on to Thanksgiving...

No comments: