Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Catching Up

So busy, so tired lately. Lots of blog posts floating in my mind, but by the time the kids go to bed all I want to do is veg on the couch and spend time with Aaron watching some good fall TV. In between shows and getting up to eat a snack I do laundry, put dishes away, dust, work on school work, check my e-mail. What is it about fall and being in the house that makes you want to snack and be unmotivated?

Here's what's going on with us in a few phrases and some pictures thrown in for a nice visual.
Aaron:
  • Busy with work, traveling, even traveled to Californa last week
  • Attended a U of O football game with a good friend, Brad
  • Enjoying Fantasy Football and ALL things football during football season
  • Loving sports right now; basketball has started, baseball World Series, football in full swing!
  • Finished updating our dining room. Oh My Goodness - I love it! Pictures to come soon
Andrea:
  • Loving part time teaching, even more than ever
  • Feeling inspired and motivated at school by a recent 3-day literacy workshop
  • Attended Women of Faith (see previous post)
  • Trying to schedule monthly scrapbooking with friends
  • Prepping for a friend's baby shower
  • Prepping for an Uppercase Living Party (want to come? Nov. 3rd, 10am)
  • Feeling blessed to have Ellie at my school
  • Being introspective about myself

Ellie:

  • ABSOLUTELY in love with our neighbor's new lab puppy, Emma
  • Finishing up a fun season of soccer
  • Loving school, making new friends, being responsible about homework
  • Living for playdates with neighbors and school friends
  • Going to the pumpkin patch with kinder class and daddy
  • A new haircut
  • Wanting to always wear something beautiful (but still a Tom Boy!)
  • Setting "traps" for the bunny that lives in our neighborhood
Easton:
  • Will do anything to watch a Thomas the Train video
  • On pumpkin patrol (and all Halloween decorations, too) as we drive around
  • Making us laugh
  • Having absolutely no desire to potty train; come on!
  • Throwing anything and everything
  • Proud of the noises he can make, we are working on manners!
  • On nap protest, but really needing it
  • WHINING - oh, it's driving us insane! I don't know how many times an hour Aaron and I say, "Use your big voice" or "Make your voice sound like mine" or "I listen to your normal voice" Advice anyone?
Our Family:
  • Connecting during homework time
  • Great conversations during dinner
  • Dancing to Monday Night Football

1 comment:

AmberJ said...

We are doing the potty training thing, too, although I think C is "trained." We'll see.

As for the whining...well...I say "Please don't whine. When you can talk in a big boy voice, then I will listen to you." Then as soon as he drops any hint of a whine in his voice I respond. I got that from Dr. Dobson. It works for me, but it sounds kind of what Aaron is doing now.

Sorry, wish I could be of more help. Your kids are gorgeous and it looks like they had a great time with L&R's girls.