
(This picture taken just after cleaning the owie. There is some rash on his upper chest and his knee, too.)
A great, sunny evening last night was briefly interrupted by Easton's crash. He and a friend were racing Ellie on the sidewalk; Ellie on her scooter, Easton bent over a truck, friend Ethan running along, too. Somehow they collided and Easton slid over the truck and skidded to a stop on the cement sidewalk. The resulting cry was the, "I'm really hurt over here!" cry. Thankfully Aaron and I were right there and Dad took over. I get so nervous and go into, "Oh MY GOSH! OW! BLOOD!!" mode. Aaron goes into calm doctor mode. Thank goodness! Easton's poor friend, Ethan. He was a little scared I think. Luckily neither Ethan or Ellie were hurt.
Easton cried for a while, then wanted to look in the mirror. We think he was a bit scared of his own face. He kept telling us he didn't like this on his face. He calmed down and we walked Ethan home. Easton just loves Ethan's mom, Maria. Maria was telling Easton how brave he was and what a great owie it was, so Easton got over it pretty quickly.

(This picture taken this morning after a night of sleep. No more raw, stinging owie, but now some yucky looking scabs.) We are a kind of nervous to take him out in public. This is the first of many owies, that is for sure!
1 comment:
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment