The kids and I went to see a free viewing of Charlotte's Web this morning at the Free Summer Movie Festival. The movie on our side of town didn't seem of interest and it was worth the drive across town on a chilly overcast summer day to see the newest version of Charlotte's Web.
The kids are great as long as they have popcorn and I really enjoy the story of Charlotte's Web. I also think this newest version with Dakota Fanning as Fern and Julia Roberts as the voice of Charlotte is pretty true to the the E.B. White book. We have previously seen this movie, a few times in fact, but I had forgotten how emotional I get at the story. It's so timeless.
Unexpectedly toward the end of the movie, Sara McLachlan's voice and the words of her song, Ordinary Miracle, just brought tears to my eyes. It was like a faucet turned on. Luckily, my kids know I am easily brought to tears and it's not always because mommy is sad. Tears come sometimes because you are happy or remembering something. I just sat there enjoying my kids, enjoying my diet Coke, enjoying that the movie was free and even enjoying a good cry over a kid movie. Life is good and I am happy I can see the "miracle" in the "ordinary".
Take a moment to watch this video and I've posted the words below.
It's not that unusual
When everything is beautiful
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
The sky knows when it's time to snow
Don't need to teach a seed to grow
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
Life is like a gift, they say
Wrapped up for you everyday
Open up, and find a way
To give some of your own
Isn't remarkable?
Like everytime a raindrop falls
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
The birds in winter have their fling
And always make it back by spring
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
When you wake up everyday
Please don't throw your dreams away
Hold them close to your heart
'Cause we are all a part
Of the ordinary miracle
Ordinary miracle
Do you want to see a miracle
It seems so exceptional
That things just turn out after all
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
The sun comes out and shines some bright
And disappears again at night
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Tears at the Free Kids Movie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Andrea, Tori & I saw this movie when it came out & I was teary-eyed, lumpy throat through most of it and then overflowing at the end! That song is a killer!!
Teri
Oh Andrea, tissue please....
This really hit home as I just had a great day and dinner with some childhood friends tonight. Friends I have not seen in a while. Kids were great.
Just got home and put Sophie Wei in her Dennis Brown Bars and shoes for the first time....She did not fuss as she was slightly asleep while sucking on her two fingers and rubbing her side all at the same time...
"It seems so exceptional
That things just turn out after all
It's just another
Ordinary miracle today"
Love IT, thanks for sharing.
xoxo M
One of my favorite songs....
Thanks for the song! I needed to hear this tonight!
Post a Comment