Monday, July 07, 2008

Reading List

My reading list is usually composed of something like this:



Scrapbook magazines, parenting books, teacher manuals, children's books and devotions. All of these are designed for quick reading. I want to read something with more depth, but the problem for me is I get so engrossed in a book that I want to read it cover to cover and finish it quickly. It consumes me, if it's a good book. I can't read for just a few minutes and come back in a few days when I have time. That's why I choose magazines, short articles and teacher manuals! Quick reads.

Since it is summer, I have more time to read. Several friends recommended this.


I am almost done. I cannot put it down. I just want to find the right time to finish the last few pages and savor it. This book it thought provoking and you have to read it in chunks because your brain needs time to digest it. It's hard to summarize it, but I really like this book. It's challenging.

If you have read it, I would love to know what you think. If you haven't read it, read it and then let me know what you think.

No comments: