Thursday, June 05, 2008

On the Verge of Bliss

I am on the verge of bliss because of something I received on my doorstep today, but I can't allow myself to enjoy it because it is SO BUSY for me right now I must remain focused!!

What's got me so busy?? What about the verge of bliss?
  • end of the school year; closing down my classroom
  • looming report cards
  • school activities to participate in as a teacher & a parent
  • Ellie's 6th birthday quickly approaching
  • Ellie's first "friend" birthday party
  • my mom's birthday- a BIG one I might add!
  • upcoming neighborhood garage sale
  • many prayers needed for lots of family/friend needs
  • one year anniversary of Leora's death
  • assisting my dad
  • children, husband, family, dog, guinea pig

It's busy. I know we are all busy!

So, now on to the verge of bliss. Let me start from the beginning.

Back in February I came across a scrapbooking kit that I really wanted to purchase. I never purchase kits, let alone on the internet. But this kit developed by one of my scrapbooking heroes, Becky Higgins. She developed a kit that would help you scrapbook your child's entire school career from preschool to 12th grade. Each year contained 4 coordinated pages, a variety of embellishments for each year, but best of all a pocket page for each year to house memorablilia. I was so excited. Andrea, my teaching neighbor, and long time scrapbook buddy, watched eagerly along with me as the days counted down until this kit was available. Well, it came available and sold out in 3 hours. I was really, really bummed. Too bummed, actually for a scrapbook kit, but I really love scrapbooking. Andrea understood and shared my disappointment; true friend! Then she listened as I got frustrated when these same kits were resold on e-bay by greedy nonscrapbookers.

Fast forward to March. I stood in line for 2 hours to register Easton for preschool. Andrea found out these kits were again available for a very limited time. She knew how much I needed these kits. She called me excitedly in the middle of registration to tell me the news. She took my password as I whispered over the phone in the middle of preschool registration and placed my order. I wanted 2; one for Ellie, one for Easton. The website would only allow her to place one order. She helped me get two kits ordered by ordering an additional kit herself, only to give it to me. What a good friend!

Now you might be thinking that is certainly a long winded explanation all in the name of scrapbooking. IT IS! I am amazed you are still reading this. That's how much I love scrapbooking which brings me back to the title of this post; One the Verge Of Bliss. I can't go there (to bliss) right now because I need to stay focused on school, my daughter's birthday, etc. But come June 22nd when all this is behind me - I will give in and scrapbook my heart away and be in bliss.




3 comments:

Tami said...

This sounds soooo cool! Just what I need. Thanks so much...I now have something else to add on to my to do list!

Anonymous said...

WOW I wish I could love scrap booking that much, but I just can't get into it. I still have two books for the girls and only one page done:) I am so glad you got your kit enjoy. Have fun in your scrap book bliss all summer!!

AmberJ said...

Love this post -- which only makes me all the more happy NOT to be a scrapbooker.

Just kidding.