Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday, Ellie

June 16th is Ellie's 6th birthday. Here is a little trip down memory lane.


Ellie on her BIRTHDAY! (Father's Day)


Ellie turning 1 year old.



Then she's 2 years old.


Next, 3 years old.


All of a sudden she turned 4 years old.


We turned around and she turned 5 years old.


Suddenly, she is 6 years old!

Dear Ellie,

I can hardly believe you have been in my life for 6 years, but I cannot remember life without you. You are a blessing that brightens my days. I find myself just staring at you and watching you sometimes. You put a smile on my face. I am amazed at your braveness; picking up spiders and snakes, climbing on top of the monkey bars, wrestling with your dad and Easton and riding your bike so fast that it makes me nervous! I love the sound of your voice and I even laugh out loud when I hear you playing pretend with your toys. You have such a wonderful imagination. You melt my heart when you tell me you love me. Your unconditional love makes me want to be a better mommy. I feel proud of you when you share with your brother, help him go to the bathroom or call him "Buddy".

You are definitely full of spunk. I laughed when I watched you play t-ball this spring and hold your own with the boys. Even when boys were teasing, you played right along. You challenge me with your sassiness and eye rolling, but I see myself in you! You can be overly emotional at times and I know exactly where you are coming from. Sometimes, you are bossy! I wonder where that comes from?? When I stand by your door at night after tucking you in, hearing your prayers brings tears to my eyes. I admire how you pray for God to help make you a good girl and to be nice.

This year has been extra special for us! Having you at school with me was such a treat. I looked forward for so many years having my children go to school where I teach. It was better than I could have imagined. Just being able to sneak a peek while you were learning was extra sweet. I loved spending just you-and-me-time in the car after dropping Easton off at Debbie's in the morning. Then having you run in my room after kindergarten to tell me all about your day was super fun, too.

Ellie, you are more than I ever imagined a daughter could be. I am so privileged to have you call me mom. I cannot wait to see how you change and grow this year.

All my love,

Mommy

3 comments:

Adalie said...

Happy 6th Birthday Ellie!

Love the pictures and love the post Andrea. Isn't it such an honor to be a MOM?!?

efriddle said...

Happy Birthday Ellie bug. We've enjoyed watching you grow right before our eyes too. We love you and your family so much and can't wait to come and play!

Lots of Love-
The Friddle

Tami said...

Awww!! So sweet! Time does fly that is for sure. Love the new layout by the way:)