Laundry is something I loathe. It's never ending. If you put it off, it gets worse. You must sort, stain remove, set appropriate temperature, use appropriate detergent and setting, remove, dry, clean lint trap, hang non-dryables, remove (remove quickly if you don't want wrinkles), fold, fold, fold, put away and hang up. It just takes so long. Then before you know it you do it all again. I have tried to use a positive attitude and say "I get to do laundry for my family" but let's be real; it's laundry.
The newest thing I loathe is dog hair. I LOATHE DOG HAIR! It's beginning to border on obsession. I can't stop vacuuming because I keep seeing more dog hair. I see dog hair in the places I just vacuumed. It's taking over and it is grossing me out! It's everywhere and in places where the dog doesn't even go. I am obsessively washing things, too; like children's blankets, jackets, bathrobes, towels. The dog hair just won't go away.
This leads me to my title. I loathe dog hair. I am beginning to obsess over the dog hair. I want a vacuum that can take away the dog hair. I want this.
The DC17 Absolute Animal by Dyson
This probably isn't realistic for several reasons. First, we just bought a brand new car. Second, it's a vacuum and it costs $500. Third, we have a central vacuum system.
However, I want the Dc17 Absolute Animal. I want it so badly I even want it for Mother's Day. I am serious about wanting a vacuum for Mother's Day. The cost of the vacuum would pay for itself in the time I am currently spending vacuuming. It would make me so happy. Also, this vacuum is certified Asthma Friendly and because 3 of the 4 members of our family currently have asthma and use an inhaler, I'm thinking the removal of dog hair would be a good thing.
Aaron rarely reads this blog so if you see him drop some subtle (or not so subtle) hints, I'll pay you later.

6 comments:
Oh Andrea...I have the DC 14 Animal and I LOVE it! We don't even have our dog anymore, and I SO remember the dog hair obsession. I am still finding dog hair!! I asked for my vacuum for Christmas a few years ago and I can honestly say it has been one of my favorite gifts of all time. If you want to borrow to show Aaron the difference (because it is huge!!) you can anytime! Just be prepared to be grossed out. (I was!)
Okay, are we living parallel lives??? With our new dog there is hair EVRYWHERE! Even upstairs and he doesn't go upstairs. As for laundry...UGH!! I have folded piles to put away as we speak!
Andrea that is so cute, I would like a dyson animal as well, I have been obsessed with cat hair. I now how you feel. It never goes away, and I have been dealing with it for years. Welcome to pet owning!!! :)
Welcome to my life! Don't get me wrong - I love our dog Cooper. But I hate hate hate all the hair!! It seriously never ends! And I had no idea there even was a DC 14 Animal by Dyson! I will be asking for the same thing I think for Mom's Day!
Aaahhh...you want a new vacuum and I've been begging my 11-year-old washer and dryer to just DIE, so I can justify buying beautiful, new, large capacity, front loading machines....preferably in a fun color. Are we getting older?!?
Just wait until you find dog hair in the butter dish that you store in the cupboard...or in the one room he is not allowed. ICK! I could vacuum 2-3 times a day and not get all the dog hair. I just don't get it!
Post a Comment