We had to take the truck to the shop last Monday, the first day of Spring Break for an issue. That was only 11 days ago. During the past 11 days we have noticed some small leaking, however we were hoping, praying, wishing it was just residual from last repair. The kids and I also smell the slight aroma of antifreeze every time we turn on the heater. Again, hoping it's just residual from the prior repair.
Then, last Monday as the kids and I drove home from dentist, Ellie says, "Mom, it's smoking back here." I see some faint steam coming through the back heater vent, hmmm. Aaron investigates but his gifts don't involve car repair.
Last night as I took Ellie to t-ball practice I picked something up off the passenger floor and it is wet. I investigate closer and I think there could be antifreeze dripping out the floor heater vents. Aaron is out of town and he says try your best until he gets home tomorrow. I set up with my mom to meet me at the car repair shop the next day to at least get the truck in the shop.
This morning I take Easton to daycare and all is fine. Ellie and I make it to school. Ellie and I leave school and I notice a puddle under the car. I pray we at least make it to Debbie's to get Easton and then home. We make it to Debbie's, but as we leave I see a puddle and I turn on the engine and it is hot. Although a short distance home, it's really getting hot. We barely pull into the drive way, the engine light comes on and the kids and I jump out because we see this...


Is a truck supposed to do this? How many more repairs do we need to go through? I know what you're thinking...Get a new car. Easier said than done!
So now Aaron is racing home to get the truck in the shop. I'll keep you posted on our car issues.
2 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry! It took us a while (and many issues), but we were so happy when we finally did manage to DITCH THE DODGE. I know, not easy....but our Toyota is a dream!
Yes, smoking is bad -- both for you and the car! :)
Post a Comment