Thursday, March 03, 2011

Day 3 Monday - LEGOLAND

Monday morning we took a short drive from San Diego to Carsbad to visit Legoland. Thankfully it opened at 10:00 am so the later morning gave us a chance to sleep in and then explore Legoland. We had fun on the rides and enjoyed looking for different Lego structures throughout the park. It's amazing what can made from Legos!

Legoland Adventures
   At the end of the day we enjoyed walking through Miniland. It has replicas of famous buildings in the United States. It was one of my favorite parts of Legoland. If we had made it before closing time, the cars and boats move, but it was just as fun to see the how well done the buildings and monuments were constructed.


Cool Lego Creations

Ellie brought along a penguin, the mascot for our school, Prune Hill. During our adventures she pulled Penguin out and we photographed Penguin as a way for her to stay connected to school.


Prune Hill Penguin at Legoland.

Legoland closed at 5pm. Out of character, Easton kept telling us he wanted to go, he wanted to be done. When we made it out to the parking lot, Aaron could not find the key to his car. We emptied both our backpacks, practically emptied the car and still could not find that key!! Thankfully, Aaron thought ahead and gave me a spare to keep on me at all times. (I'm so glad I actually took it out of the car where I had originally stashed it and put it in my backpack like a good girl.) Aaron ran back in to Legoland to check out lost and found. I got the kids set up in the car with a snack before we left and got dinner. I could tell Easton was not quite himself. He looked so tired. Aaron came back from lost and found with no key in hand. That key is probably somewhere in a Lego creation!

Our plan for dinner was to go to Costco, stock up on snacks and buy some "healthy" food for Aaron and I and a dinner meal for the kids. By the time we made it to Costco, we were all tired and cold. We bought a few things, then ran through McDonald's drive thru for the kids. They went to bed early and we geared up for an extra second day Tuesday at SeaWorld. I had no idea the night to come would be sleepless and Easton would break out into a high fever.




No comments: