Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thoughts On Thursday - Olympics

I really, really like the Olympics. It's the spirit of the games...the camaraderie...the uniting of nations...the love of sport...rooting for the underdog or the old favorite defending their previous title...the opening and closing ceremonies.

I love reliving past Olympics and talking about it with my husband and friends. I'm a sucker for the stories behind the athletes; the stories of their families and the sacrifices they made for their loved one to fulfill their dream.

I love the inspiring Olympic songs and even the commercials. I'm not ashamed to admit that I really love the Olympic commercials and some even bring me to tears.

This is one of my favorites!




How about this one?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

In fact, I'm watching the Olympics RIGHT now...while drinking a G&T...hee! hee! :)

The Beuhls said...

I feel the same way! I LOVE watching the athletes and hearing their stories. So amazing!

Mom/Melanie said...

Seriously...how can you not cry watching these?! Amazing stories -love them!