Tuesday, January 19, 2010

10 on Tuesday

Here are 10 things we've been up to in 2010.

1. Blazer Games - fun for the kids and I to take turns going with Aaron. Aaron and I even won "Row of the Game" and won an X-box game each. We don't own an X-box.

2. Back to work, back to school. Back to early mornings, early bedtimes, at least for the kids. Aaron resumed traveling.

3. PS3 as in Playstation 3. We talked and talked about a video gaming system for a year and finally decided we were ready. There have been a lot of ups and a few downs. We all have had our turn at being hypnotized by the PS3. I'll admit at times I have been frustrated by the game for various reasons. However, this weekend the PS3 pulled me in and I spent much of Sunday obsessed with The Beatles Rockband. Now I understand!

4. It took us a long time to undecorate from Christmas. A record for us. We are usually undecorated the day after Christmas. Lesson learned...don't put off the undecorate.

5. As I think of how to write this I just feel old. The kids got a box of 8 Disney puzzles for Christmas. They were a tad more challenging than my mom or I thought. As a result, Aaron and I have been obsessed with the puzzles. Did I mention they are Disney?

6. Getting ready for Easton to turn 5. It's so cliche' but really, 5? That means kindergarten in September. Mentally coming to terms with that. boo hoo

7. Skype - why did we wait so long? Skyping with friends that moved far away, Skyping with Aaron while on road trips, even Skyping with grandparents that live close! We love Skype.

8. The return of good T.V. shows - 24 for starters!

9. Can't think of another.

10. Hmmm...it was pretty hard to think of 10 things. Need some excitement in the McCarty house!

5 comments:

Team Houston said...

I thought it was pretty exciting to see your Friend Freezing/Smiling on the sidewalk at school in her patrol get up...

Glad you guys are having fun family time ;)

Rachel said...

SOOO good to read a new post from you! :)I've missed you in this bloggy world! :) I'm right there with ya, wondering how are babies are turning 5 ALREADY!

Adalie said...

We have also been a bit mesmerized by our first gaming system. We all love challenging each other - and having the top scores - on Wii Fit. And YAY for 24!!!

The Millers said...

Can't think of #9 or #10?Hmmmmmm...sounds like somebody needs a "wild ride" this year!
Love you girl! Looking forward to what He has instore for 9 and 10. :)

Mom/Melanie said...

Although Facebook has become quite fun, nothing compares to this blog of yours! It is simply the best way to catch up on all the things that happen to you. Love the fact that you're a Rock Band fan (or should that be fanatic)!! Keep the blogs coming, honey. It makes a Grammy happy!