"Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children." by President George W. Bush
We can all remember where we were and what we were doing on September 11th, 8 years ago. For me, it was before we had children. I was getting ready for work and turned on the news. I ran to wake up Aaron and we watched the news in disbelief, wondering what might happen next. I remember feeling scared. I was also going to teach my first graders, a group of wonderful children that had just celebrated opening our brand new school building. Being with children that day taught me that life must go on and that there is still innocence.

No comments:
Post a Comment