Friday, August 21, 2009

Flashback Friday



Last year on this day, we left for church and saw this hummingbird on our fountain. When we returned, 2 hours later, it was still there! I could hardly believe it. I snuck in the house to grab my camera and I was able to get really close to take a few pictures. The hummingbird actually had it's eyes closed. I thought I was going to be able to touch it! The shutter on the camera is what woke it up and it stayed for a few more seconds while Aaron and the kids sat in the car and watched.

This hummingbird, and a few others, frequent our backyard trees and Easton has lovingly named them all Maria, in honor of a favorite neighbor of ours. I can sometimes hear hummingbirds chipping in the mornings outside of our bedroom window, just above the trees where they spend time. One hummingbird sits in our tree most afternoons, no matter the season. I've come look forward to it every day and I am a little sad when I don't see Maria. That little tiny bird actually brings me a lot of joy.

No comments: