Thursday, August 20, 2009

I Don't Like Pulling Out Teeth



Ellie lost tooth #5 this morning, her second top BIG tooth. It was time. The other tooth had come out a few weeks ago and this second top tooth had become quite the snaggle tooth. My friends lovingly called Ellie "Nanny McPhee" (I can't believe I didn't get a good picture of her "Nanny McPhee" likeness.)


The snaggly tooth was making it hard for her to eat, she was afraid she would lose it in her sleep and she kept saying it hurt. This morning Ellie wouldn't eat breakfast because of the tooth. I told her I would pull it thinking she wouldn't let me. Ellie has pulled out all of the previous 4 teeth. So when she said I could do it, I got nervous. When it came down to actually pulling it, I just couldn't and had to do some self talk about me being the mommy and I needed to pony up and just do it! It gave me a weird feeling in my stomach. She was determined to finally have it out, so I grabbed some tissue and pulled...and pulled...and finally yanked! It had to hurt and bled a lot. I felt bad, but Ellie was brave and relieved it finally was out. Did I mention there was a lot of blood all over the bathroom counter sink, stool and fish bowl? I've decided I don't like pulling out teeth.

She's already working on her note to the Tooth Fairy as we speak. She talks with a bit of lisp and is singing "All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth!" This will be a fun way to start second grade in less than 2 weeks. I'd love for that big gap to remain until school pictures!

3 comments:

Mom/Melanie said...

She thure lookth cute! Way to go for being brave, Mommy!

Rachel said...

I miss Nanny McFee already! ;)

Erika said...

I learned how to yank those by watching wonderful Nurse Susie @ school. Her dental floss is the trick! So then Gigi let me do hers first (before MY GIRLS!) and it POP, flew right out & then my Ellie was next - easy peasy & she looks like YOUR Ellie's twin right now, we should take their picture together :) :) :) I love the 2 missing teeth & so glad our girls get to have that for their school pictures :) :)