Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

So I saw this idea on another blog. The gal wrote she wasn't feeling motivated to blog lately, but wanted to post something new. Here I go.

Ten on Tuesday

1. The weather has been beautiful, although a bit windy. The kids have had a chance to ride bikes, play on the play structure and get fresh air! Yeah! It's obvious Ellie has grown. She needs a bigger bike in a bad way. Her feet pedal faster than the bike can keep up with. It makes one giggle to watch.

2. Our truck broke down, again last Friday. I was driving on our street and waved to our neighbor as a plume of smoke unknowingly followed me up the street and into our garage, leaving a trail of antifreeze down the street. This is our second trip to the mechanic in a month. When do you decide to sell and buy a new car???

3. Four days off is lovely.

4. When all else fails, pull out play-doh. Non-stop fun, great conversation between the kids and me. Although new play-doh does smell yummy; don't eat it, Easton. Yes, I know you ate it because your lips were blue. Oh, Ellie, believe it! Play-doh was around when mommy was a little girl.

5. Our family has been sick for weeks. Just a cold virus but throw in some runny noses and nasty coughs + two cases of pink eye from the boys in our family. After being exposed to strep throat three times over at school last week, I woke up to a horrible sore throat over the weekend and a bloody ear Monday. Turns out I had an ear infection and am now the proud owner of nasal allergies and get to dispense nasal spray daily.

6. We took Toby down to the river on Saturday to enjoy the water and let him run, run, run. He is so fun to watch, but don't get in his way. He knocked Easton down and it looked like something on Funniest Videos. Poor Easton was so mad at Toby.

7. My husband is the best Valentine. Last Thursday was our first date in a long time and we needed it. It was just so nice to have an uninterrupted conversation. Thanks, Aaron! I love you.

8. I think Easton just may be the kid who goes to kindergarten in diapers.

9. Spring is just around the corner. I know it at our house because Aaron made his Spring to-do list for the yard. I love his attention to detail.

10. I am struggling with some issues with my dad. I didn't realize how much it is affecting me until Aaron and I had some time to talk on Thursday. It's too much to wrap my brain around and is causing some unmotivation because I am avoiding the inevitable. I would so much appreciate prayers in this matter. Pray for motivation and direction regarding my dad and me.

Peace out.

1 comment:

Team Houston said...

I love the idea of ten on Tuesday.....So next week I will try it.

About Easton, it cracked me up.

Tell Ellie thanks for the Kitty. It will be a hit with the little ones. I am sure I will run into some children that will think it is too cute to throw. LOL

Praying for you and your Dado!
Peace out too! Hugs, Michele