Monday, December 03, 2007

I'm Back To Bloggin, Baby!

I am back to the blogging world! Things around here got a little busy. Between parent/teacher conferences at school, a traveling husband, hosting Thanksgiving at our house, starting my new Uppercase Living business and last but not least, report card season; I had to let something go and that was my blog.

On Thanksgiving - Our first Thanksgiving in our new house was quite nice. I cooked the turkey, stuffing, sweet potato/apple dish and twice baked potatoes. My Mom and sister-in-law, Nikki filled in the rest. My Mom, Nikki, nephew Tyler and my Dad joined us. My brother came later after unsuccessful day of hunting. The day was very sweet and I loved having my family here. My heart was heavy for my dad as the holidays are here and his heart aches for Leora.

We ate Thanksgiving dinner in our dining room at our new table for the first time. We christened "the beautiful room" (phrase coined by our neighbor girl and Ellie when they were discussing what Aaron was working on each day in the dining room and the mess all around).
About a month ago Aaron completed a project in our dining room by adding a wall panel that I can best describe as a smooth wainscotting, with a raised framing. It's hard to describe, but here is a picture.


He had wanted to do something similar in our old house, but we just didn't have the right room to do it in. Instead he had added a chair rail in our old bedroom. In our new house, the dining room is quite long and it seemed like a great space to try this project. I am so pleased with how it turned out. Here are a few other pictures.

Aaron really enjoys having projects to work on. I wish I had half the motivation he does. He tackles new projects and researches how to do them. He works really hard and gets things done quickly. I wish I could take some credit and say I help, but I don't. I just try to keep the kids from causing too much destruction from playing with Daddy's tools. Great job, Aaron! I love the beautiful room.

No comments: