... a very good girl!
This is my Christmas present from Aaron. 10 glorious feet of counter top, three beautiful sets of 36 inch-wide double door cabinets above, two wonderful 15 inch 3-drawer cabinets below in the center and two excellent 15 inch cupboard/drawer cabinets below on the ends (does it sound like I am describing a hot rod?)
It's my ultimate dream; my scrapbook space. I had dreamingly talked about cabinets to Aaron for a long time. When we moved to this house, Aaron got his own devoted office space, which he needs for work since he works from home. We also have a bonus room that acts as a play space/spare bedroom/craft room. So, I kept mentioning (pestering, bugging, nagging) to Aaron cabinets, cabinets, cabinets.
When he mentioned he found these premade cabinets at Home Depot, I didn't honestly think he meant now. When he took me to Home Depot to look at them and even ask me what size and kind of cabinets or drawers and what the layout might look like, I still didn't think now. But, goodness, he meant now! I was so excited when he went to Home Depot on Thanksgiving Eve and brought home most of the material (despite losing something off the roof of the truck on hwy 14) . In usual Aaron fashion, he got right to work and busted the cabinets out, finishing quickly.
There are even under-cabinet lights. The counter is high, like a normal counter, so I can stand and work on a project for a few minutes here and there. Eventually I'll find some stools. I am excited that the kids can work on projects up there, too and leave them out to dry; not on the carpet.
Want to come scrapbook???
Thank you, thank you, thank you Aaron. Have I really been that good? I'm sure glad you think so! You are the best!
2 comments:
Okay...that is the best!!! Can Aaron give tutorials on handy work like you do on scrapping? If so, sign Mark up! :) Thanks for the update! Hope things settle down a bit. Oh, also, can you please take pictures of your new area once you put your organizational skills into place. Can't wait to see it and YES I do want to scrap! :)
Andrea I am so Jealous. I can't wait till have a room for that myself. Great work Aaron, it is beautiful.
Post a Comment