Tuesday, September 13, 2005

First Day of Preschool


Here is Ellie on her first day of preschool! Aaron and I were able to take her and take photos and video. She was so excited and said a quick goodbye before heading off to do some painting. Ellie goes to preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the afternoon for 2 1/2 hours. There are 12 children in her class and they all are wonderfully different. She has made a friend, Kaitlyn, with whom Ellie carpools! Ellie loves her teachers, Mrs. Walker and Mrs. Esser (Ellie's pronunciation is "Mrs. Wockas" and "Mrs. Essors"). In the classroom Ellie enjoys painting, music time in the gym and learning to recite poems that the class practices together. We get a little blurb every session explaining what the children did for the day and I am so excited to read about her day. I have had the opportunity to help in the classroom already. I am amazed at the patience the teachers display and I am impressed at the curriculum they are teaching. Although I shouldn't have been, I was a bit surprised at how boisterous Ellie is in class. Her teacher said she is confident. Teacher's put a nice spin on everything! Ellie has already had her first book order, class picture and to be the special helper for the day. Ellie's first field trip is coming soon - they will visit the pumpkin patch and ride the school bus to get there. Daddy will accompany her. Watch for those pictures soon.

No comments: