Sunday, September 04, 2005

Everything Starts Over in The Fall

September is always "the new year" for me with teaching school. This school year I will be going back to school, still teaching first grade, but with great anticipation of job sharing! I am so excited for this. I am job sharing my first grade position with another teacher, Carmen Beuhl. Carmen is awaiting the arrival of her first baby in early October. Carmen and I will start the first week teaching together, then until her baby arrives I will teach the morning part of the day and Carmen will teach the afternoon part of the day. When her baby comes I will teach full days until her return in January. (read more about this in a previous post)

I am feeling positive and refreshed about going back to work. I come home and I feel more intentional about my playtime with the kids and I can let the housework go because I just want to be with them and spend time with Aaron. Being home every day I felt like the house always needed to be clean and I was anxious for some "me time" at the end of the day. Working fulfills that need and I when I come home I just want to hang out.

September also means Ellie returns to daycare and Easton begin daycare for the first time. Spending the last eight months at home has been such a blessing. On one hand it is easy to leave Easton for the first time because I had the chance to be with him for a longer period of time than I did Ellie (only three months). On the other hand, it is hard to leave because I have spent so much time with him. But, Ellie loves returning to Debbie's Daycare because there are four girls just her age to play with every day, so leaving her is a bit easier because of this. However, she is such a big girl! I am enjoying her so much and it makes it hard to leave when she says, "But, I'm gonna miss you." The other morning as I was prepping her for Debbie's she asked, "We don't get to hang out today?" It just about broke my heart.

Ellie will start preschool in a few weeks and I think I am more excited than she is. She is so curious and full of questions, as well as answers. I cannot wait to take her the first day and pick her up and listen to her stories, hear about new friends and learn about her teacher! Because of job sharing, I can do all that - even help out in the classroom sometimes! (Well, we have to figure out how that is going to work October through December while I am full time, but it will work out!)

Easton is growing bigger each day and becoming less and less of baby as he approaches toddlerhood. Fall will most likely be the season he begins to crawl. He is so happy as of lately, just more content with the new skills he has acquired. Watching he and Ellie together brings us so much joy.

Fall marks football season for Aaron - I cannot explain in words how thrilled he is for this time of the year. Easton has his first football jersey, fantasy football draft has taken place and Aaron is teaching Ellie the names of all the pro teams. The other night she told him the Lions and the Goats played the night before (close...it was the Lions and the RAMS).

We hope as summer draws to end and fall approaches you all are well and happy. Please keep in touch.

No comments: