Saturday, February 07, 2009

Daddy Daughter Dance

Ellie and Aaron attended a Daddy Daughter Dance on Friday with some other daddy and daughter friends. Aaron asked Ellie a few weeks before the event if she would go with him and of course she said yes! She was so excited that she talked about it all this week and wrote several thank you notes to Aaron in excitement of the big night.

The planning and anticipation was a lot of fun for me! I got a new Tottie's Pretties headband to match her "ladybug outfit" that Grammy gave her for Christmas. I took Ellie to get a haircut on Thursday.

Then painted her nails on Friday just before getting dressed.
Before they left, Aaron presented Ellie with a small corsage.

I put it on her wrist, hugged and kissed her and as I put on her coat told her to have fun. I asked her to pay attention to how Daddy was going to treat her that night. It's the same way the boys should treat her someday. I definitely had a flash-forward 10 years from now when we may be getting her ready for a dance with young man and sending her on her way.

They had a great time and came back with stories of dancing to Celebrate, YMCA and Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It). Ellie loved showing off her face painting.

I love the bond Aaron and Ellie share. I feel lucky to witness it.

Have you heard this new song by Darius Rucker, It Won't Be Like This For Long. It's a great song for a daddy and daughter.

7 comments:

Adalie said...

Cute! I love the tradition and the song. Addie and Sadie will be headed to 'The Ball' with Daddy in just a couple of weeks!

said...

That is so beautiful - I am going to start crying.
Pass the tissues.

Team Houston said...

How sweet. It gives me tears in my eyes to see Ellie growing up. Aaron is such a great Daddy! And you are correct, "the way other boys should be treating her some day".

I still remember the day you told me you were pregnant with her in they gym at school!!

I also wanted to tell you that I love her new hair cut. When I told her at school she had this big smile on her face and raced off in PE. By the way, she is very FAST!!

xoxo M

Michael and Mandy said...

OMG, that is so darling! It sounds like they had so much fun. I like that you told her to take note becuase that is how other boys should treat her someday...so TRUE!

Mom/Melanie said...

Ellie looked beautiful, Aaron looked handsome and you could see the excitement just bursting from her! Makes a momma proud, doesn't it?! Brings alligator tears to this Grammy's eyes!

AmberJ said...

That is so sweet!

The Dunham's said...

Precious! Make me cry!