Friday, November 28, 2008

More Thanks

Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well. ~Voltaire


Here are few more pictures from November for things that we are thankful for.

Easton's preschool class and their first "program".



Aaron's enthusiasm for all things football ~ including going to 2 games in one day; even if one was just the Beavers, but then his beloved DUCKS!



Our Thankful Tree that hung on our pantry door and displayed the kids' art from November. Great minds think alike. Here is a post from my friend, Katrina. We did not even plan this!


Ellie helping me with twice baked potatoes for Thanksgiving dinner at Grandma's house.


Last, but not least, Maria, our hummingbird that frequents the small tree in our backyard. Yes, the picture is blurry, but do you know how hard it is to take a picture of a hummingbird?!? Maria deserves a post all her own, but that will come some other day.

I really enjoyed November, but it flew by and I forgot my 12 pictures on the 12th...again. I guess I was living it and enjoying it rather than documenting it. Our family really took time this month to talk about all that we are thankful for. I'm thankful we are at the stage we can talk and have a family conversation! It can be very sweet to hear your kids' voices when they tell you the simplest of things they are thankful for.

Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone. ~G.B. Stern

I've given the turkey enough love. Now, bring on Christmas!!! Wahoo!

1 comment:

Adalie said...

What a nice post and I {heart} Maria. We have beloved hummingbirds that visit our house also...one (or maybe all?) named Twitter!!!

Also, I haven't written a post about it, but I DID take pictures of my girls bedroom doors....complete with their Thankful trees and wreaths! Maybe I need to follow your lead and post them - they are definitely something to remember!