Ellie's decision to be the Tooth Fairy was influenced by the recent loss of her two bottom teeth. She also decided early so I did a lot of searching and you won't believe the ONLY Tooth Fairy costume I could find was this TOOTH FAIRY or this TOOTH FAIRY.
We decided making our own Tooth Fairy costume wouldn't be difficult and I was quite surprised by her creativity. She was very concerned about being cold on Halloween so all the fairy costumes worried her because she didn't want to wear a coat and cover it up. I also appreciated her comment about not having a short fairy costume because it wouldn't be appropriate to have her "rear showing". That's my girl!
She picked out a pink sweatsuit with stars and moons on the jacket that reminded her of the night and the pink color was very fairy-like. We made a wand with a felt tooth at the top, a necklace from felt that said "Tooth Fairy", wings with tooth cut outs and a crown that also said "Tooth Fairy". She was happy as could be and I was pretty pleased with the outcome of a homemade costume!
We certainly got a lot of bang for our buck in the costume department because the kids got to wear their costumes to several events.
Mid-October we attended the CARRA Costume Ball. It was a great event and so much fun. Read more here. Mark your calendars for next year for some great family time and a wonderful cause; October 17th, 2009. Here's how much fun our kids had!
My personal favorite; the Dancing Queen Tooth Fairy. This was actually just moments after I got my first official "Mommy Diss". I said, "Ellie! Let's go dance! I love this song! (YMCA)" Ellie's reply was, "I actually just want to dance with my friends right now."
She was having a blast! I was a little crushed.
Next we enjoyed the pumpkin patch, for Ellie's benefit since Easton had the chance to go with his preschool class.

We also attended a church fall carnival with fun games, candy and caramel apples. Boo Bash (read previous post) gave us more candy and the grand finale was trick or treating tonight. The kids sorted all their booty and left half for the Great Pumpkin tonight in hopes of trading in candy for toy! Hope you had a good Halloween.
I will be focusing on Thanksgiving this month and trying some new thankful traditions; taking one holiday celebration at a time. I'm trying to ward off the inevitable push to skip Thanksgiving and move right into Christmas early. Geesh! Give the turkey some love!
2 comments:
Oooooh...like the idea of trading half the candy for a toy! Might have to steal that one next year.
Looks like you had a great Halloween and I love the Tooth Fairy! I also like to enjoy the turkey - and all of Thanksgiving - AND Addie's birthday before really moving onto Christmas.
About your quest for healthy eating...fun ideas (we also use the muffin tins for pizza toppings and creating kabobs) and we are really loving Beginner Dinner Games at our house! I'm sure you've seen it...seems like it is in every store and catalog these days. Happy November!!!
What a great Tooth Fairy costume!
Good Job!!
And I agree - Give the turkey some love!! : ) We have 'fall' decor, and Christmas won't come out til day after Thanksgiving! (As much as I love Christmas - don't want to rush it!)
Post a Comment