
Aaron is in his element. Football has started. I don't know if there are words to describe how much he loves football. He has a Fantasy Football Team, loves the NFL channel and even chooses to get up with the kids on Sunday morning so I can get a little more sleep, but I think it's so he can watch more football!
Being an Oregan native, Aaron has a special place in his heart for the University of Oregon. Over the years, he has developed an allegiance to U of O football. He started buying a few T-shirts, hats, a sticker for the truck with giant green "O" but I knew it was serious last year when he bought Easton a green Ducks track suit, Ellie a pink Ducks jersey and a T-shirt for me. Aaron is going to attend a Ducks game next weekend, so you can imagine how excited he is.
His passion for football is not limited to college, although if you come to our house on a Saturday you would surely find college football on the TV. He is crazy for the NFL. I know his Fantasy Football team feeds the obsession. Our kids readily recognize the Monday Night Football Song as they do a special dance with Daddy to it. Aaron bought each of the kids their own Seahawks jersey this year; Hasselbeck for Easton, pink for Ellie and I joined in and bought a pink Seahawks T-shirt just to make my husband proud.
I have learned to embrace Aaron's passion football. It has been special for me to witness how he enjoys watching games with the kids and teaching them things about the game. It is a unique way for them to bond. I could resent it, but Aaron loves it and football is something he can share with the kids. He gets so tickled when Ellie asks him who the teams are or when she can remember who the mascots are. It makes him smile when Easton yells out, "Daddy! Football!" when ANY kind of sport is on TV or in a store. We even watch the "Mayne Event" together on Sunday morning. We attended our first high school football game as a family last weekend for Camas and we all had a great time. I know taking an interest in Aaron's passion is making a HUGE deposit into his emotional bank account and it's something we can do as a family. Do you think I could ask him to reciprocate with my passion for scrapbooking?
Here's to a great, fun, family-time filled Football Season! CHEERS!
No comments:
Post a Comment