Easton has a "lovely" that we so cleverly refer to as Blue Dog. He got Blue Dog as an infant from Debbie, our daycare provider. Blue Dog has been a necessity/obsession of Easton's for as long as I can remember. Easton is no longer taking scheduled naps, but last week he went to his crib and pulled his Blue Dog between the slats, went to the bonus room and fell asleep on his own, with Blue Dog for pillow. Ellie was in the middle of a play date in her room and I wanted to check on the pesty little brother! After cleaning up snack in the kitchen, I walked upstairs to check on everyone and I walked in on this. (age 2 1/2 years old)Which made me flash back to this. (just over 1 year old)

Blue Dog's color has faded, he's not quite as soft, the eyes are rubbed off, he smells like bed breath and the infamous tag almost has a hole worn in it from being rubbed repeatedly. Although the obsession with Blue Dog is fading and Easton doesn't have to take him everywhere, the necessity to have Blue Dog as a sleeping companion represents a little bit of baby to me; and I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment