Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Growing Up

My babies are growing up so fast! I feel so blessed that both Ellie and Easton attend the school where I teach. Easton finally gets to join Ellie and I after graduating from 2 years in preschool. The three of us commute together every day and the kids spend a few minutes in my classroom before heading out to before-school recess. Easton and I leave at noon because he attends half day kindergarten and I am fortunate enough to continue my job share status and teach part time only in the mornings. Easton and I go back later in the day to pick up Ellie.

I cannot express with words how wonderful it feels to have my kids at my workplace. I can sneak a peek in the classrooms during the day and I especially love when they stop by my class for a quick hug. Most of all, there are many wonderful teachers and staff who know and love my kids at my school.
Ellie the 3rd grader on the first day of school!

My tradition is to make the kids a sign for their door before the first day school. The sign has an encouraging note from both mom and dad. I then tuck this sign into their scrapbook later in the year.


3rd grade ROCKS!

Proudly sporting the beloved Paul Frank backpack.

Easton the big kindergartener. This was the only picture I could get of him. Surprisingly just after this picture he got teary from nerves for the first day of school. :(

1 comment:

Mom/Melanie said...

I LOVE that you updated your blog! You have the best updates/pictures. It keeps my heart full when I can't see you all in person. Great job!

P.S. Please tell Ellie and Easton to stop growing!